February 16, 2010

2010 Pig Show!

We had a great time at this year’s Pig Show in Perry.  The Lineberger boys did so good with all their pigs! (In case you are new to my blog, the Lineberger boys go to church with us. They are a set of quads with an older brother –all boys!- my mom nanny's for them)  We are actually going again this weekend for the State level show. If you want to see last year’s show click here

At the beginning of the show they let all the little kids have a go at ‘walking’ the pigs.  Hailey went with Tal

Pig Show with Tal LinebergerPig Show

See Hailey’s shirt??  I made it :) I got the appliqué pattern hereIMG_6587     Pig Show Pig Show

Jack was in the next group. He went with Hunter.   Pig Show with Hunter  IMG_6597 

Philip came too and here he is with Luke.IMG_6594IMG_6599

Don’t worry… there was no harm done to the pigs… they are being tapped ‘lightly’ with the sticks :)

IMG_6600 

Here’s the real competition:

Ben in the blue…

 Ben Lineberger

Luke in the maroon.

Luke Lineberger

Hunter in the green.

Hunter Lineberger

Tal in the light blue.

Tal Lineberger

And their older brother, Tully in the blue.

Tully Lineberger 

Since my mom is out there every day she has gotten really good with ‘farm’ stuff.  We donated to the scholarship fund and signed her up to show a pig in the final round!!! IMG_6615 IMG_6616

She did so good!!!

IMG_6617

8 comments:

MrsMonicaLB said...

very cool!

Kristen said...

I didn't know they were a set of Quads! Great post! Looks like a lot of fun!!

Tabby said...

The boys have grown up a lot since last year. So have Hailey and Jack. I wish we could have been there this year. Isabelle would have loved it!

Oh, and go Mama Jan! :)

Tabby said...

Oh and I forgot to say that I love the shirt you made! Cute!

Andrea said...

Love the picture of your mom with the pig. She looks like she really knows what she's doing. Looks like the kids had a great time too. You'll have to show me sometime how you did the shirt. I'm slowly learning how to sew and make bows.

mrsofficer said...

cute cute! Love it, by the way hope your feeling okay!!!! Ihave been having Baby on the brain lately...

Amber said...

So...what I really want to know is did you get to take one of those sticks home? It looks like it could really come in handy.

Imanie Erie said...

Hey, my name is Imanie Erie and I really love your blog. If you want, you can visit my blog at imanie-erie.blogspot.com or follow me. Thank You!!!!