June 11, 2010

Collin Michael

Our sweet newborn has arrived! We are so thankful for all the prayers and congratulations that have come our way. We know that we have been very blessed as a family and thank God every day!

On Monday June 7th I woke up early with light contractions. I did all the necessary things around the house pretty sure that today was the day. I just had that gut feeling that this was it. We ran errands after lunch so I could walk around to try to get things going. My mom came with us and by 4pm we decided to get ready to go to the hospital. The big kids stayed with my dad.  I checked in at 5pm and I was only a 3 but my doc told me to stay since it was my third… he knew it could happen fast. He broke my water an hour later and I was at a 5.  Here we are waiting for my epidural :)

IMG_7052edit

Lets just say after this picture was taken things went SUPER fast! At 7pm my nurse changed to the night shift. She checked me (I was a 7) and told me to sit up because the ‘medicine lady’ was on her way!! I was so relieved!!  But in those few minutes I got REALLY uncomfortable and told her the baby was coming!  She had me lay down and I was right!!! So no epidural AGAIN!! And I thought I did good my getting to the hospital earlier this time :)  The doctor ran in and little Collin was born with three pushes at 7:39pm. The cord was tightly wrapped around his neck so I didn’t get to hold him for very long. They really wanted to check him out. Thankfully all was well.

  IMG_7053    IMG_7057   IMG_7060   

I’ll post more pictures soon.  He’s ready to be fed and my long night is just getting started :)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

He is so beautiful Stacia! I am so happy for your number three! What a sweet baby!!!

Dawn said...

Oh, the cord part sounded so scary! You are so awesome that you delivered without the epidural!! He is so precious and I can't wait to meet him in person.

Amber said...

I can't wait to get up there and see him. I am so amazed that you take pictures during labor--AND you look cute in them!

Andrea said...

So glad to hear that all went well. Sorry to hear that you didn't get your epidural but it's good that the delivery went pretty fast. He's so adorable!