October 10, 2009

Sunflowers and Roosters

Me and the kids went out to the Lineberger's this past Wednesday. My mom had been telling me about their HUGE fields of sunflowers that were in full bloom. I had been there earlier this year and they had a few rows in their garden....but this was unbelievable!! Sunflowers as far as you could see, I don't know how many acres!

I wanted to get the kids out there and take pictures but it quickly became rainy....I got these from their road on our way to their house.


Of course we stopped by to see Hailey's "chickens" They all ended up being roosters! If you haven't heard the story behind them click HERE, HERE, or HERE
One of them was crowing over and over again. I asked Tal if they only do it in the morning... He said they do it whenever they want! I was able to catch him on video :-) A lot different from those little peeps we used to hear!



Just another quick thank you for all those praying on behalf of my mom. She is home now and doing really well. She will go see her surgeon in around the 19th and then get scheduled for her radiation. I'll let everyone know as it gets closer.

This evening we took the kids to see the Toy Story double feature in 3D. They had a really good time and I was so surprised at how well they lasted through two movies. It was fun and we got to see the preview for the upcoming Toy Story 3. We all basically ate popcorn for dinner and Jack fell in love with Dr.Pepper! Oh no... I wonder if he'll go to sleep tonight?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

So glad that your mom's surgery went well! The sunflower pictures are so beautiful. I can't wait to go to the Fall Festival at the Linebergers.

Dawn said...

I love fields of sunflowers! Cool pictures! You do lots of cool things with your kids. Number three will be very lucky to have you as a mom!

Amber said...

Those sunflowers are gorgeous! I can't believe you got to see that in REAL LIFE!

Kristen said...

I love those Sunflowers!

Okay - I think we can probably make it for the Fall Festival out there, just give me directions somehow (you can send them to me on Facebook if you want). Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope Benjamin's costume gets here in time!!