October 15, 2008

Hailey Update

Just a quick update on Hailey's new meds... today was her first day back at school since she started taking it. They've been on Fall break since last Thursday (her first day on it). She won't get the full effect of the meds for a good two - three weeks on it but her teacher said he was a completely different child today compared to the last two weeks when she was on the other stuff!! Thank goodness!! I've noticed at home she seemed to be calmer and not as jittery but I was anxious to see how she acted at school. Two nights ago she didn't fall asleep till 4am (horrible night!!) but last night she went right to sleep at bedtime so I'll keep monitoring that. She is still doing her OCD stuff but that will take some time...hopefully we'll see some changes the longer she stays on it. Her next followup apt is Oct. 28th. Thanks for all your prayers...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad Hailey's first day back to school went well. I hope that is a sign that she will do well on the new meds. I'm keeping you both in my prayers.

I forgot to thank you for coming by to check on us this morning. That was so thoughtful of you. It means alot to me. Love ya.

Andrea said...

So glad to hear she's doing good on her new meds. I've been keeping you both in my prayers. Hailey's such a sweet girl. I love how she gets so excited when she talks about school.

Andrea said...

I just wanted to add that I love your new blog layout. I need to learn how to do all that on my blog. The kids look so cute in their Halloween costumes from the previous years. Can't wait to see what they'll look like this year.

Nancy Hood said...

I can only imagine how frustrating this can be for you. I'll be thinking of you and send a prayer each time I come and visit here :)

Amber said...

Didn't go to sleep til 4am! Do they make "mommy" meds for that! I'm glad your getting some positive changes, I'm sure that's encouraging!

Tabby said...

Glad Hailey had a good day back at school. Give her big wet kiss from Isabelle and me, k?

Chad said...

That's great to hear. We will continue to remember her in prayer.